Reconciliation - 8:00 am to 8:45 am
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday - 9:00 am
Reconciliation on Wed, Thurs and Fri - 9:30 am
REGISTER TO USE FORMED.ORG
Readings for the Week of December 10, 2017
- Sunday: Is 40:1-5, 9-11 / Ps 85:9-10, 11-12, 13-14  / 2 Pt 3:8-14 / Mk 1:1-8
- Monday: Is 35:1-10 / Ps 85:9ab and 10, 11-12, 13-14 [Is 35:4f] / Lk 5:17-26
- Tuesday: Zec 2:14-17 or Rv 11:19a; 12:1-6a, 10ab / Jdt 13:18bcde, 19 [15:9d] / Lk 1:26-38 or Lk 1:39-47
- Wednesday: Is 40:25-31 / Ps 103:1-2, 3-4, 8 and 10  / Mt 11:28-30
- Thursday: Is 41:13-20 / Ps 145:1 and 9, 10-11, 12-13ab  / Mt 11:11-15
- Friday: Is 48:17-19 / Ps 1:1-2, 3, 4 and 6 [cf. Jn 8:12] / Mt 11:16-19
- Saturday: Sir 48:1-4, 9-11 / Ps 80:2ac and 3b, 15-16, 18-19  / Mt 17:9a, 10-13
- Next Sunday: Is 61:1-2a, 10-11 / Lk 1:46-48, 49-50, 53-54 [Is 61:10b] / 1 Thes 5:16-24 / Jn 1:6-8, 19-28
Our Lady of the Snows, Saint Michael's and Saint Catherine's is rolling out FORMED.ORG, free to our parishioners.
FORMED, a revolutionary online platform, provides access to the best Catholic audio talks, movies, ebooks, and video-based studies from trusted providers like Augustine Institute, Ignatius Press, Catholic Answers, Sophia Institute Press, St. Paul Center, and more!
FORMED presents a tremendous opportunity to help the overwhelming majority of Catholics change the way they consume media and develop a daily habit of faith formation and prayer.
12/11/17 10:42 pm
My favorite piece of sacred music that we hear in Mass is the Exultet — that long chant, usually sung by a deacon, that is prayed near the beginning of the Easter Vigil Mass. (Having been ordained a deacon less than 24 hours ago, I am eagerly hoping I will have an opportunity to sing it sometime in the future.)
But I also very much like another piece of sacred music that can be sung in a similar way at the night Mass on Christmas Eve. It’s shorter, it’s also very simple, and it’s very beautiful. It’s called “The Nativity of our Lord Jesus Christ,” and it’s a proclamation of exactly that.Read More
12/11/17 10:39 pm
My parents deserve an apology, and unfortunately, it is too late to seek forgiveness from my father. When I was 18, I went off to college. I was an adult, paying my way. I was responsible for one person and one person only, myself. Like most older adolescents, my thoughts were, “When I am 18, I am out of here.” In my college years and a few years after that, I found going home to be a last resort option. After that, life was pretty busy and complicated; I found it difficult to manage the distance.
Betsy KneepkensRead More
12/11/17 10:27 pm
Christmas is a great time to think about gifts. From television commercials to Black Friday sales, and from newspaper inserts to lists for Santa, it’s not hard to focus on gifts this time of year.
A dictionary definition of gift tells us that it is “a thing given to someone without payment.” Different than something that is sold, exchanged, or earned, a gift is freely given. We buy or make a gift for someone simply because we care about the person and want to make his or her life better. Giving a gift is an act of love.Read More